Tuesday, July 24, 2012

#5 My Stroller

Just about a year ago, my husband and I embarked on an adventure to find a stoller.  I call it an "adventure" because we went checked out numerous websites and boards, visited about 5 stores and talked to countless people about the things they liked and didn't like about their stroller.  After all this research, we came up with the following criteria:
  1. It had to be light.  If I was going to be going out and about with E, I would need something that I could easily lift into my trunk.
  2. It had to be compact.  At the time I had a VW Rabbit and we live in a condo, so I needed something that would fit.
  3. It had to be easy to collapse and set up.  Based on personal experience, there are some complicated strollers out there and if I was going to be going out, I'd need something I can use!
  4. It had to be affordable. No way could I spent $1000 on a stroller.
Ok. Now what? So we narrowed it down to the Baby Jogger City Select.  An awesome stroller that could be set up into 16 different ways. You could even add another seat, to make it a double stroller.  The only down side was when putting the stoller into the trunk, you'd have to take off the seat, it wouldn't collapse together. But, I was willing to deal with it.  Knowing that we'd only have to buy one stroller and not have to worry when we have our second baby, it was worth it.  

We didn't buy it right away because we were going to be getting it as a gift from my parents.  (Aren't they amazing!).  A couple weeks goes by, and we went to the store (Baby Palace at Sheridan Mall in Mississauga) to buy the stroller.  Looking at the City Select again I realized how big it really was. And actually kind of heavy.  So we told the amazing saleswoman we were looking for something a little lighter and more compact and she then showed us the City Mini!!! Oh MAN! We were in LOVE!  It met all our criteria.  Actually, it blew them out of the water!
  1. It was light.  It weighs 16.8 lbs! (In comparison, my son was 18 lbs at 5 months!)
  2. Oh it was compact alright.  Easily fit into my trunk, with room to spare. (In comparison, my sister had a Graco Travel System and if she had the stroller in her trunk, she couldn't fit anything else.)
  3. The way it collapses makes people jealous!  There is a handle under E's bum that I pull to collapse it. It folds right up in half! Setting it up is as easy as pulling the steering handle up and locking it. That's it!
  4. Affordable is an understatement.  It sells now for $210!
Although it doesn't take 2 kids, they do have a double wide model. So we may look at that in the future.

So, if you're looking for a stroller, or know someone who is, I'd highly suggest the Baby Jogger City Mini

No comments:

Post a Comment